Regulations: Texas Long Term Care Facilities

The Health and Human Services (HHS), Regulatory Services Division, Licensing and Credentialing Section and Enforcement – Texas Long Term Care Facilities. Click here to learn more.

Caregiver handThe Importance of Texas Long-Term Care Facilities Regulations.

If you have a family member in long-term care and you suspect a problem, discuss the matter with the administrator of the nursing home, assisted living facility or home health agency. If you are aware of a specific act of abuse, neglect, or exploitation, you are required by law to report it.

From the headquarters in Austin to eligibility offices in the Rio Grande Valley to laboratories in the Panhandle, Health and Human Services employees are there to respond to the needs of Texans.

Click here for contact information and numbers

The professionals that staff health and human services agencies across the state are ready and willing to assist people who need services, contractors who provide them and anyone with questions about the services we provide. While the headquarters offices are located in Austin, there are offices across the state that serve Texans.

Note: If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired you can call any Texas Health and Human Services office by using the relay service of your choice. The state of Texas offers Relay Texas which you can use by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-735-2989.

The state’s health and human services agencies are committed to protecting your personal and private information. One way we do this is by using secure email to make sure your private information remains private. If you received a secure email from our agencies, please read these instructions on how to open it.

Related Topics:


Add Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.